This week I will be participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon.
For those who don’t know what Bout of Books is (including me), here is a description from the website:
“The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team”
The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
This will be my first time participating so I will try to learn the ropes and hopefully participate in a few of the challenges as well. I’m not sure how much I will be able to do as i have graduation on Tuesday and will be going out of town on Thursday or Friday for a few days but I will be able to hopefully do a lot of reading.
For this week I plan on reading for about 1 1/2-2 hours but there will probably be a couple of days where I will be able to read more. I will be able to do a lot of reading tomorrow but I am not sure about Tuesday since I have graduation later in the evening along with a few other things later this week.
- Finish A Clash of Kings (#2) by George R.R. Martin
- Finish Days of Blood & Starlight (#2) by Laini Taylor
- Finish Hollow city (#2) by Ransom Riggs
- Finish Monument 14 (#1) by Emmy Laybourne
- Finish King’s Cage (#3) by Victoria Aveyard
- Start A court of mist and fury (#2) by Sarah J. Maas
- Hopefully start A storm of swords (#3) by George R.R. Martin
- Start The beauty of darkness (#3) by Mary E. Pearson
So these are the books that I hope to work on this week. I’ve been trying to finish a clash of kings (#2) for a while now and will hopefully be able to make some progress with it this week. I will be traveling later this week so I am hoping that I will be able to finish a couple of books while on the road.