Wow! I can’t believe that October is almost over and that it is almost Halloween. I looked at my calendar over the weekend and realized that i have about 5 full weeks of school left before Finals and Christmas break. October has been pretty hectic and November looks even more hectic though. It looks like i have at least two, maybe 3 more papers to write, and two more tests in every class that I am taking except for my online class which just has the final at the end of the semester. This week i turn in my 3rd art project so I am hoping that it will go well. I’ve been kind of struggling in my first art class but I take 3 art classes next semester so I am hoping that things will get better. I have doing some research though, on different majors and jobs that i would be interested but for now i am staying in Graphic design and will see how things go. I might even post some pictures of my artwork during break. The weather has also started to get pretty cold in the mornings and evenings as well so I am getting used to that too but I have been enjoying it too.
Reading has been pretty sparse lately due to school being hectic so I will be catching up during break, i looked at my reading goal on Goodreads and was already 21 books behind so it will probably be a little longer than that by Thanksgiving break. I did manage to read two books this month though and they were pretty good. I also have a couple of audio books planned, to see if I can squeeze in a couple of books while I am walking to class and I am hoping to work on the fourth Harry Potter books as it is the series I am rereading this year.
I also started in a new weekly meme called Down the TBR Hole created by Lia @lostinastory, in which you look at your TBR shelf and decide which books should stay or go. It has been since the beginning of the year since i have looked at my TBR list on Goodreads and while I have a bunch of series on there that i hope to finish someday, I don’t know if I will ever get to them so I will be working through those once i get to them. This will be a weekly thing so i plan on posting every Friday unless I have to work on a major project. I will also try to update on Mondays but it may be once or twice since i am not reading as much as I was over the summer.
So here is what I read in October:
Total Books I read: 2
Total amount of books I have read this year: 115/165
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) by J.K. Rowling – This is definitely my favorite series so I will be continuing on to the next one hopefully in November (5 stars).
- Nana Vol. 1 by Ai Yazawa – This one was different than what I normally read in manga but i decided to give it a try and it was pretty good. I will probably continue the series at some point (4 stars).
So this is what I read in October. I didn’t get in as much as I thought I would but I am going to attempt to listen to a couple of audio books in November so hopefully I will get a few more read next month.
- Me before you (#1) by Jojo Moyes – This one was really interesting at first but once i got around 60% on my Kindle it kind of slowed down for me and then school got really busy so I haven’t been able to read i. I am hoping with Thanksgiving around the corner that I will be able to read a couple of books.
- The Hundredth queen (#1) by Emily R. King – I picked up this one up for review on Netgalley but havent really shown an interest in reading it yet. I have read a couple of pages os far so i am hoping that next month I will be able to finish it and post a review.
November TBR: (tentative list):
- Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire (#4) by J.K. Rowling – I have a hold on this one so it may be a while before I get it and i probably won’t finish it in November but I am hoping to start this one next month.
- Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan – This one will be an audio book and it is middle grade so i am hoping to get this one on my IPod this week and start listening to it.
- Above the waterfall by Ron Rash – This is another audio book that I am hoping to get once I finish my first one but it depends on how things go in November.
SO this is my list for November. I am hoping to get a couple of audio books so I can make some progress with my reading goal for the year but November looks extremely busy, especially the second and third weeks of November so i am not sure how much reading I will be able to do. I should have a weekly Down the TBR hole post up on Fridays and maybe one or two Monday posts as well but I won’t have any reviews or anything like that until December. I’ll try to post updates every once in a while though.